On DataBuffet.com, how can I establish default settings that will apply to each new basket I create?
Step by step
- Go to the menu:Settings » New Basket Defaults screen.
- Change any of the settings (listed below).
- For your choices to apply to subsequent baskets upon their creation, press the Save Changes menu-button. Else, to abandon your choices and revert to the system defaults, press Reset to Defaults.
- File Name: The name of the output file.
- File Format: The format of the output file.
- File Layout:
- Columns - each time series appears vertically, in a single column, with metadata and earliest periods at the top.
- Rows - horizontal, in a single row, with metadata and earliest periods to the left.
- Show dates for each series.
- Date Range:
- Start and end date
- Start date only
- Entire series
- Periods from end
- Date Format: M/D/YY, MMM-YY, YYYY-MM-DD, etc.
- Conversion Technique:
- Cubic, linear, constant -- How the up-conversion to higher frequency operates; cubic is usually the best choice.
- Ignore missing values -- Necessary when, for example, you down-convert daily data with holiday-gaps to a monthly frequency.
- Output Fields: Which of 15 metadata headers to display with each series.
- The Excel Add-in field is necessary to use Moody's Analytics Power Tools for Microsoft Office on your local PC.