Figures are unitary persons (#), ten thousand persons (10 Ths. #), vital rates per thousand population (# per Ths. pop.), or percent composition (%). Geo coverage is 31 of 34 first-level administrative divisions (see related article) and cities. The series start as early as 1953.
The series reside in the historical catalog (China » Demographics » Components of change | Population | Vital statistics » Population census) and include, for example:
- VSQPOPUC.ICHN = Population: Total, (10 Ths. #)
- VSQPOPMIGLCPUC.ICHN_BE = Domestic migration - Arrivals - From local cities and prefectures, (#) - for Beijing
- VS%POPBTHUC.ICHN_PIN = Vital rates - Birth rate, (# per Ths. pop.) - for Pingdingshan
Because catalog locations are subject to change, the upper-right search box on DataBuffet.com provides a "find in catalog" mode that accepts a mnemonic.
Please be aware that:
- The Population Census was conducted in 1953, 1964, 1982, 1990, 2000 and 2010.
- A few series have values for 1954 instead of 1953.
- Data Buffet stores these data as annual time series; intercensal years have "ND" values.