Motivation: Our national source, the Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia (SORS) reports labor force status in two clusters. Moody's Analytics calculates the 2010-2015 interval using pure NUTS 2013 areas by concatenating the two comparable segments of the two reported clusters, but only in not seasonally adjusted (NSA) terms (see related article).
Response: For analytical consistency, we have created seasonally adjusted (SA) counterpart series for employment and unemployment. We have also calculated labor force and unemployment rate via identities in NSA and SA terms.
Properties: The start date (2010Q1) and units are identical for the two versions. Expect our SA series to be revised with each update. Supplemental series of this kind are marked in their source metadata with a secondary citation of "Moody's Analytics Adjusted." Geo coverage is the NUTS 2 regions.
Note: Although these series have "R·" mnemonics, we do not classify them as "estimates."
The series reside in the historical catalog (Slovenia » Labor and Wages » Labor force status » Levels by sex » NUTS 2013) and include, for example:
- RLWQEMTAQ.ISVN_VZ = Employed - Both sexes, (Ths. #, SA) - for Vzhodna Slovenija
- RLWQLFTAQ.ISVN_ZA = Labor force - Both sexes, (Ths. #, SA) - for Zahodna Slovenija
- RLW%URTUQ.ISVN_ZA = Unemployment rate - Both sexes, (%, NSA)
- RLW%URTAQ.ISVN_VA = Unemployment rate - Both sexes, (%, SA)
- Adjust reported employment and unemployment using the U.S. Census Bureau's X-13 ARIMA program
- Compute labor force and unemployment rate as identities for both seasonally adjusted and not seasonally adjusted series.
- Apply a top-down squeeze to ensure additivity across the geographic hierarchy