The three floor-space brackets are less than 90, 90 to 144, and greater than 144 square meters. There are three measurement variants:
- Fixed-base index (Index 2010=100)
- Moving index, corresponding period previous year (Index CPPY=100)
- Moving index, previous month (Index Prev. Mo.=100)
Reported series are not seasonally adjusted (NSA). The series start as early as January 2010. Geo coverage is 70 "large and medium cities," specifically, the four province-level municipalities (see related article) and 66 other cities.
The series reside in the historical catalog (China » Real Estate » Prices » House Price Index of Residential Buildings) and include, for example:
- HPINCMUM.ICHN_BE = Newly constructed commercial residential buildings, (Index Prev. Mo.=100, NSA) - for Beijing [province-level municipality]
- HPINCYUM.ICHN_GUA = Newly constructed commercial residential buildings, (Index CPPY=100, NSA) - for Guangzhou
- HPIXRUM.ICHN_DAL = Existing residential buildings, (Index 2010=100, NSA) - for Dalian
Because catalog locations are subject to change, the upper-right search box on DataBuffet.com provides a "find in catalog" mode that accepts a mnemonic.
About the dataset:
- The dataset describes buildings, but does not differentiate between single-family and apartment structures.
- The subset "commercial residential buildings" excludes "economically affordable housing."
- The source's English-language terminology is "newly constructed" vs. "second-hand," which we have standardized to "new" and "existing."
- Moody's Analytics computes a seasonally adjusted counterpart to the fixed-base index for existing residential buildings, for all 70 geos.