Exclusive forecasts and analysis of household finances based on credit bureau data from Equifax.
CreditForecast.com (www.creditforecast.com) provides insight into how the U.S. and local economies affect consumer credit behavior and performance through a full spectrum of consumer credit analytics services—data, forecasts, alternative scenarios, research and full access to analysts. A joint product of Moody’s Analytics and Equifax, the service covers a wide range of household credit, economic, and demographic variables at a detailed level of geography.
Consumer lenders can significantly enhance their understanding of consumer credit conditions to improve business performance and risk management. By linking credit performance and origination quality metrics with underlying local economic drivers, CreditForecast.com offers granular insights and forecasts of performance, volume and quality under baseline and alternative scenarios. Key Applications:
- Profit and loss-forecasting
- Business strategy/planning
- Regulatory oversight compliance
- Sensitivity analysis
CreditForecast.com provides credit data for seven mutually exclusive product categories (auto, bankcard, consumer finance, retail, first mortgage, home equity and student loan) and 24 subcategories. Users can license all categories for the full picture of U.S. consumer credit, or they can license just the categories that are most important to their business.
- Coverage of all consumer product lines, including auto, bankcard, consumer finance, retail, first mortgage, home equity and student loan.
- Key credit and blended variables not available elsewhere.
- Exclusive volume and credit quality assessment for new originations.
- Key information, including age of borrower, personal income, origination/current risk scores, term of loan, presence of a mortgage.
- Quarterly origination vintages
- Credit data for 24 product categories/subcategories, by origination and current risk score bands and term bands for installment loans
- Detailed level of geography (metropolitan areas, rest of states, states, U.S.)
- Detailed economic and demographic data as well as blended credit and economic series
- Historic and forecast risk scores (VantageScore, Equifax Risk Score, Bankruptcy Navigator Index)
- Multiple forecasted scenarios, including a baseline most probable scenario and an alternative downside scenario, as well as the three Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review (CCAR) scenarios
- In-depth research published quarterly for each product line as well as webinars on the trends and outlook.
- Additional articles and white papers providing insights into current consumer risk management trends.
- Fully transparent and documented methodology.
- History updated monthly, and available within 2-3 weeks of the previous month.
- Forecasts updated quarterly, within a month from the end of the previous quarter.
- Quarterly webinars to discuss the current economic outlook and analysis performed using the CreditForecast.com data.