Moody's Analytics House Price Index (MAHPI)
Broader insight to the future path of U.S. house prices under a range of economic conditions.
More reliably assess the impact of future house prices on your business under a range of economic conditions with Moody's Analytics House Price Index (MAHPI). These exclusive forecasts use a repeat-purchase methodology to predict the path of house prices at differing price levels and property types with the most complete coverage available for all U.S. states, metros, counties and zip codes. Our MAHPI forecasts enable firms to identify market opportunities and risks for their business and investments with a deeper view to the outlook for residential real estate prices aligned with Moody’s Analytics trusted economic forecasts.
House price forecasts for multiple property types
- Single-Family Detached Houses
- Single-Family Attached Homes Excluding Condos
- Broad market-specific coverage from the U.S. aggregate down to individual zip codes for three price tiers and property types
- Monthly updates, with a 30-year horizon
- Monthly and quarterly frequency starting in 1975
- Forecasts for standard alternative scenarios and regulatory scenarios
- Jumbo loans and cash purchases included
- Transparent and fully validated model and equations
- Flexible delivery options including API
- Direct access to U.S. housing economists
- Industry-standard repeat sales methodology