U.S. Précis® Metro
Concise analysis and data on the current and expected economic conditions for all metro areas.
Précis® Metro reports offer concise analysis and data on the current and expected economic conditions for all U.S. metropolitan areas. Each five-page report covers an individual metro area and includes a five-year forecast from Moody's Analytics' simultaneous econometric model, which is updated monthly. Reports may be purchased on a one-time or subscription basis.
Preview Economic Conditions
Précis® Metro reports have a broad appeal among customers from different industries such as commercial real estate, utility, local governments, consumer lending, retail, etc. Applications include:
- Identify investment opportunities and risks by evaluating areas with growth potential and strong economic performance
- Manage exposure to potential risks in areas with flagging labor and housing markets
- Plan expansion and resource allocation to prepare for regional economic fluctuations
- Analyze trends in housing, employment and migration to develop effective marketing to key demographics
- In-depth written analysis details each metropolitan area's recent economic performance and both the short- and long-term outlooks.
- Forecasts of key indicators that drive metro area economies:
- Gross metro product
- Industry diversity
- Personal income
- Housing activity
- Migration flows
- Personal bankruptcies
- Measures of risks and opportunities: Reports examine area's strengths and weaknesses, employment trends, and upside and downside risks. Each report also includes Moody's Analytics' exclusive indicators to allow for quick and easy comparisons across metro areas:
- Cost of doing business
- Cost of living
- Risk-adjusted return
- Short- and long-term employment growth
Reports for the largest 25 metro areas (by population) are updated four times per year. Reports for the smallest 150 metro areas are updated two times per year, and all others are updated three times yearly.
View the detailed publication schedule here.