U.S. Précis® State
Concise analysis and data on the current and expected economic conditions for all U.S. states.
Précis® State reports offer concise analysis and data on the current and expected economic conditions for all U.S. states and territories. Each three-page report covers an individual state and includes a five-year forecast from Moody's Analytics' simultaneous econometric model, which is updated monthly. Reports may be purchased on a one-time or subscription basis.
Preview Economic Conditions
Précis® State reports have a broad appeal among customers from different industries such as commercial real estate, utility, local governments, consumer lending, retail, etc.
- Identify investment opportunities and risks by evaluating regions with growth potential and strong economic performance.
- Manage exposure to potential risks in areas with flagging labor and housing markets.
- Plan expansion and resource allocation to prepare for regional economic fluctuations.
- Analyze trends in housing, employment and migration to develop effective marketing to key demographics.
- In-depth written analysis details each state's recent economic performance and both the short- and long-term outlooks.
- Forecasts of key indicators that drive state economies:
- Gross state product
- Industry diversity
- Personal income
- Housing activity
- Migration flows
- Personal bankruptcies
- Measures of risks and opportunities: Reports examine area's strengths and weaknesses, employment trends, and upside and downside risks. Each report also includes Moody's Analytics' exclusive indicators to allow for quick and easy comparisons across states:
- Cost of doing business
- Cost of living
- Risk-adjusted return
- Short- and long-term employment growth
Each state report is updated three times yearly (forecast rankings and forecast assumptions are updated monthly).