A powerful way to view, analyze and deliver economic and financial data.
The Data Buffet® platform enables clients to view, manipulate and automate delivery of data in a variety of formats. The Data Buffet® platform seamlessly integrates with Microsoft® Office to automatically update and deliver the information you want, when you want it. Data Buffet® is provided to clients with a economic data subscription from Moody's Analytics.
- Intuitive and easy-to-use web-based interface allows users to assemble data and information in seconds.
- Create presentation-ready charts and maps directly from the web.
- Embed and automatically update numbers, charts and maps directly in Microsoft ® Office documents
- Ability to save and schedule baskets of data for delivery to email, ftp and more (at regular intervals or when data change).
- Consult extensive documentation on methodologies, geographies, and industrial classifications
- Filter and search datasets by geography or keyword or source
- Unparalleled customer service available via email, phone, and live online chat.
The Data Buffet® platform uses graphical data catalogs and a geography wizard so that you can browse or search for concepts easily.
- Name and save baskets.
- Transformed concepts in baskets piecemeal or together: year over year %, simple difference, annualized growth, % change, year over year difference or custom.
- Manipulate frequencies.
- Run series across multiple geographies (all states) using wild cards.
- Download in 14 different file formats.
- Convert a basket into a chart.
- Schedule deliveries (email or ftp) by time (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly) or when data are updated.
The Data Buffet® platform can accommodate up to 10 time series per chart. Each chart can be highly formatted and saved and/or downloaded (offers the same robust formatting options found in Excel).
- Select a baseline and up to six forecast scenarios.
- Plot up to 10 time series per chart and apply transformations.
- Select from 11 popular chart types, including line, bar and pie.
- Include recession bars, custom stripes, legends and annotations.
- Choose output dimensions and file formats: bmp, gif, jpg, wmf.
- Insert as scalable, refreshable graphic in Microsoft Office.
- Create templates and automate delivery.
Create thematic maps of economic and financial data for geographies including European countries and subdivisions, U.S. states, metropolitan areas, counties, ZIP codes, and other geographic areas around the globe.
- Available maps: states and metro areas in the U.S., counties in each state, countries in worldwide and regional groups, and selected non-U.S. subnational areas.
- Change the frequency and transformation.
- Choose a number of intervals—equal value or equal number of observations.
- Adjust the appearance, add titles and a legend.
- Choose output dimensions and file formats.
- Insert as scalable graphic in your Microsoft Office document.
- View underlying data values in Excel and automate delivery.
Integration With Microsoft® Office
These are Microsoft® Office add-ins that allow you to insert maps and charts created on the Data Buffet® platform into your Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents. The objects retain a connection to the Data Buffet® solution for one-click updates with the latest values.
- Retrieve data from within Excel and refresh with a single click.
- Log in to your account and choose from saved maps and charts.
- Insert a scalable graphic into your Microsoft Office document.
- Retain a link to the Data Buffet® solution, and any change to the data or formatting can be refreshed to the graphic.
- Transfer graphics between Office applications while retaining the link.
- Operate by using menu bar or pop-up menu.
Moody's Analytics Data Services team frequently posts helpful articles on the Data Buffet® solution's blog. Posts include explanatory articles on data changes, source delays, FAQs and new data, as well as tips on using DataBuffet.com.
Prompt Expert Assistance and Live Help
Whether you have a question about a dataset, the software or your account, our specialists stand ready to assist during business hours via email, instant message or telephone.