|Unit||Mil. USD, NSA|
|Adjustments||Not Seasonally Adjusted|
|Balance of Goods||2018 Q4||1,781||1,275||Mil. USD, NSA||Quarterly|
|Current Account Balance||2018 Q4||-242.13||-1,183||Millions US $, NSA||Quarterly|
|Exports of Goods||2018 Q4||12,371||12,032||Mil. USD, NSA||Quarterly|
|Imports of Goods||2018 Q4||-10,590||-10,757||Mil. USD, NSA||Quarterly|
|Exports of Goods and Services||2017||167,243,000,000||145,131,000,000||NCU||Annual|
|Imports of Goods and Services||2017||155,801,000,000||147,578,000,000||NCU||Annual|
|Real Exports of Goods and Services||2017||140,496,000,000||131,057,000,000||NCU||Annual|
|Real Imports of Goods and Services||2017||142,383,000,000||134,031,000,000||NCU||Annual|
In accordance with the International Monetary Fund's website:
- In general, Peru follows the guidelines in the fifth edition of the IMF's Balance of Payments Manual (BPM5).
- Analytical Framework: The balance of payments is compiled by the Central Reserve Bank of Peru (BCRP), following the guidelines of the fifth edition of the IMF's "Balance of Payments Manual" (BPM5). Its concepts and definitions are in line with IMF recommendations.
- Definition: The balance of payments is the statistical statement summarizing the economic transactions of Peruvian residents with the rest of the world.
- Export and import data are available on a monthly and quarterly basis, and data on the other balance of payments categories are available only on a quarterly basis.
- Transactions coverage: Standards and guidelines recommended by the IMF on residency are followed. No transaction is intentionally excluded.
- Geographical coverage: The data cover the entire national economic territory.
- Data are disseminated in millions of US dollars showing the following components: exports and imports of goods; exports and imports of services; factor income of the public and private sectors; current transfers; the public sector financial account; the private sector financial account; short-term capital; exceptional financing; and flows of international reserves held by the Central Reserve Bank of Peru (BCRP).
Further information is available through the Central Bank of Peru:
The data are preliminary when first released in the BCRP’s Nota Semanal and are revised every quarter.The balance of payments is considered final 18 months after the end of the reference year.