|Unit||Index 2012=100, NSA|
|Adjustments||Not Seasonally Adjusted|
The objective of Sociedad Hipotecaria Federal, S.N.C. Institución de Banca de Desarrollo is to promote greater efficiency in the housing and mortgage markets.
Other focuses of the group is to:
• Register the expansion or contraction of the housing market and identify "bubbles" in prices.
• Determine the value of the collateral of the mortgage portfolio.
• Establish the quantitative relationship between price changes housing and default rates.
• Regularly update the indicator Loan to Value of Property (LTV).
• Assist in the qualification of the issues backed by mortgages, for rating agencies and in setting the price of mortgage guarantees, among other uses.
The SHF Housing Price index uses nominal values. The source uses a symmetry test that refers to the product of price and the quanitity of indices that should produce the index. The price index is created using fixed weights and the deflator is built using current prices to ensure that the prices and quantities are consistent. They also ensure that the prices of the goods must have characterisitcs similar to the quantities.
Data is subjected to revisions.